Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bacon Cheeseburger

Another vegan cooking night, cooked by me and Steve, and sampled by our friends.  These turned out so delicious that it prevented me from socializing until I was done (which is saying something for me).  We had some roasted red potatoes tossed in olive oil on the side.

Bacon:
Fry two packs of tempeh bacon (we found it at whole foods) with olive oil until slightly crispy (or super crispy if you're me).  Set aside.

Cheese:
We used pre-sliced rice cheese, I forget the brand name.  Its there mainly for a cheese texture, I can't really taste it distinctly anyway.

Burgers:
Gardenburger Vegan Burgers, fried in olive oil in a frying pan on the stove.

Bun:
We used nature ovens buns, toasted in the pan after the bacon was cooked (or you can toast it in a toaster).

Avocado Spread:
3 Avocados, mashed
1/2 large tomato
1/4 cup chopped red onions
Salt, to taste
Button Mushrooms, chopped (maybe 4 or 5)
Mix well

Toppings:
Just like with our vegan pizzas, the toppings were thicker than the rest of the thing.
Slice into thin layers:
Red pepper
Tomato
Avocado
Red Onion

Spinach (or lettuce, or both)

Also, sliced pickles, but we forgot these.

Condiments:
Ketchup, Mustard, and/or A-1, depending on your liking


Stack deliciously, and good luck fitting it into your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment