Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nerd Blizzard Adventure

When I was a kid, my favorite thing to get at dairy queen was a nerd blizzard.  It was basically just nerds mixed with vanilla ice cream, but it was really delicious and a great sugar rush.  But now dairy queen doesn't even make them anymore, and they wouldn't be vegan anyway.  So I figured out how to make my own.  This isn't a recipe exactly, but just a suggestion for a delicious treat.

I took some so delicious soy ice cream and let it soften for a while.  Then, I dumped it in a tupperwear container and mixed in a box of nerds.  Sometimes its hard to find them, but I got them at Walgreens.  I just mixed them around and then refroze it, and it tastes really similar to what I had as a kid.  If you leave it for more than, say, 12 hours, the ice cream dissolves the shell of the nerds a little and makes it taste even more amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment