Monday, January 31, 2011

Blood Drive #2 results

The blood drive at my work was yesterday, and it went really well.  I was surprised by how many walk ins we had, and how well it went in general.  I've been reading about all the trouble the recent storms have been causing for the red cross and their blood supply, so I had that in my mind most of the day.  I posted a brief article on it alongside the posters in the window for the drive.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703439504576116182306439262.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

"The American Red Cross said it was alerting disaster workers and seeking blood donations, because more than 18,000 expected donations have gone uncollected in recent weeks due to other storms." 


Our goal was 23 pints, and we got 24 successful donations, so that was great.  I'm going to post thank you signs at work for all the donors with a visual of all the people that could help (72 pictures of people I found on the internet.  72 since you can save up to 3 lives with each donation).  It looks really cool to see it laid out visually like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment