Sunday, January 16, 2011

Little things from the week

I don't have one cohesive recipe for this post, but rather a lot of little vegan things to share.

I went to Ian's pizza on vegan night with some friends this Thursday.  It was great!  The whole time we were there, we kept hearing group after group order vegan pizza.  I tried the chicken seitan taco pizza and the pepperoni sausage from Upton's Naturals.  The chicken taco was really spicy, but both were extremely delicious.  I got to have my punch card punched and I'm halfway to a free piece of pizza.  The other thing that was really cool was knowing there were other vegans in the restaurant.  Considering I only know 3 other vegans, and one lives in Minnesota, it was a new experience to know that I was surrounded by other people who had the same challenges and subscribe to the same philosophy as me.  It's like at work how, after 2 years of being the only non-meat eater at work, there's now another vegan and 2 vegetarians. Anyway, the night was great.

I accidentally discovered that if you freeze a silk yogurt, the result is delicious.  It tastes how I would imagine frozen yogurt tastes (I've never had it), and like a really creamy strawberry ice cream.  I highly recommend it.

I got some nectarines on sale this week, so I'll be trying to make some nectarine sorbet again, and hopefully posting the recipe soon after.  Also, I'm trying to find a recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies and substituting in cranberries.  We'll see how my time management skills are.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment