Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Solstice Menu

So, since agnostics don't really have a lot of holidays, and you can never have enough parties with friends, I decided to throw a summer solstice party.  It was a lot of fun.  I put on my summeriest dress, made clover flower garlands from flowers that I picked by the lake, and celebrated the start of my favorite season and the day jam packed with the most sunlight for the year.  I tried to cook food with a natural theme, meaning little to no cooking (so as not to over heat my already hot apartment), no processed foods, and everything from fresh vegetables and fruit.  Recipes and pictures will soon follow, but here's the menu.  If you want to know the recipe to any one in particular, comment and I can put it up first.

Snack
Omega-3 trail mix with cranberry

Main meal
Tabouleh and guacamole wraps
Asparagus and orange salad
Everything salad, with edible wild flowers
Tomato Cups
Aztec Platter

Dessert
Homemade nectarine sorbet
Fruit salad
coconut milk whipped cream

Pictures will be up as soon as my computer situation is settled.  Michael got me a new computer for my birthday today.  Also, foster kittens have officially been swapped.  Kevin and Kitten Little (Little Man) are back and ready to be adopted, and I now have 4 month old Fawcett (as in Farah Fawcett).

No comments:

Post a Comment