Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Easy Japanese Lunch from Jewel

I just wanted to jot a quick note to share how finding Vegan food isn't always that difficult.  Today I went to the Jewel near my apartment (in Chicago), because they usually have a sushi case near the front.  Not only did they have vegan sushi (with an adorable "vegetable only" sticker now residing on my desk hutch), but their vegetable gyoza was egg and dairy free!  So I got a great Japanese lunch for less than ten bucks on my way home from class (2 days left!).


It comes with everything you need, soy sauce, ginger, and wasabi.  I used the sweet ginger chili that I mentioned in the last post for a dipping sauce for the gyoza.  Super delicious, super easy, and vegan!

Also, if you see the little chopstick holder in the picture (under my yellow chopsticks), it's something supercute I picked up from Japan!

2 comments:

  1. My school had those (and they used to have inari too but then they combined it with the california roll, dicks!)...so I''m completely sick of them.

    Tempura sweet potato forever. It might actually not be that hard to make some and kind of poke it in over the carrots on those....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tempura recipe somewhere. I concur that it is amazing (restaurant style especially)

    ReplyDelete