Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weekend Adventures

This past weekend Michael and I went up to visit his family and we ended up having quite a few cooking adventures.
We made some pretty delicious basil pesto pasta, and I got to experiment a little with my puppy chow recipe.  We didn't have enough powdered sugar, so we tried to make more using granulated sugar, a little corn starch (the internet told us to), and a food processor.  It did powder it a little, but not all of it, so it was a bit gritty.  However, I found out that crunchy peanut butter is really delicious with puppy chow, because the bits of peanut end up coated in the chocolate mixture and sugar as well.  I'd add a bit more peanut butter to the mix though to compensate.  I also made cranberry walnut bread at Michael's request for the barbecue we would be going to on Sunday with more of his extended family.

Saturday morning Michael and his family surprised me with some vegan waffles and raspberry sauce, which were really delicious.  It was a great surprise.  I'll hopefully be able to post the recipe later.

On Sunday, we went to the barbecue at his Aunt's.  We brought some vegan sausages (the field roast apple sage brand - highly recommended), which were well received, and also some gardenburger black bean burgers.  Michael's mom was also nice enough to make a vegetarian version of her pasta salad, which was really good and had lots of veggies in it.  All in all, it was a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. WAAAAFFLES :O

    Seriously, all of that food looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete