Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rosemary Potatoes

This is a pretty simple potato recipe that might work pretty well with breakfast or a lot of steamed vegetables (Btw, a steamer is a vegan's best friend). I usually love putting A-1 steak sauce (which appears to be vegan, something that my friends find amusing to no end) on my fried potatoes, but as I'm not sure how it would taste with asparagus, I haven't tried it with this yet.

Ingredients (for one person)

1 medium potato or 2-3 small red or white potatoes, its not necessary to peel these, but I would advise washing them if you don't.
3 asparagus shoots, chopped
a small amount of diced onions
2 tsp rosemary
salt and pepper, to taste

coat the bottom of the frying pan with olive oil, to prevent burning (add more if needed later)
fry onions for 1-2 minutes to soften and release fragrance.
Add the other ingredients
cover, put on medium low or medium heat
cook 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown
They should be tender and cooked when poked with a fork.
add salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment