Saturday, January 9, 2010

Vegan Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies


I'm making this right now so hopefully it will turn out. Usually it works pretty well. I made this at my first vegan baking social at work. I modified it from the back of a Corn Starch box. I've had to write in cinnamon on it because it makes it even more delicious, but I forget it since its not in the original recipe.

Pre-heat oven to 300F

1 Cup vegan butter (Earth balance is a good brand)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all ingredients well. It may look somewhat clumpy, but you should be able to form it into 1 inch balls. If its too dry or crumbly, try adding a little soymilk or another alterna-milk little by little until it firms up a little. Mine looked crumbly, but it formed into balls well like regular cookies. And it tastes great.

Cook it about 25-30 mintues, then cool for 5 minutes.

One of my residents passed on today. Harold was a great guy.

10PM
P.S. They're Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment